Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

to zoloft or not zoloft?

Ever since my daughter was born in October 2008, I have been concerned with the effects on our bodies from the environment, food, skin care and medications... In my attempt to green-ize our home and eat healthier, I decided it was time to go off the Zoloft.

I gotta tell ya, my reasons are somewhat selfish! I have been working out with a trainer for over a year now and have lost 10 pounds. ONLY 10 pounds. And it was weight I put on HAVING A BABY! It should come off with eating right and exercise RIGHT? Well... let me tell you... the first 10 pounds came off right away! These last 10 pounds are STUBBORN! SO... I'm blaming it on the Zoloft! I mean, it can't be because I'm getting old... RIGHT??? All you women out there know what I'm talking about! :)

So, I am weaning off of it kinda slow but probably not slow enough. I started about 10 days ago cutting my dose in half from 100 mg to 50 mg... That was difficult. I felt dizzy the first few days and bitchy as hell! Then you know what! I got my period. SOOOO was it PMS or Zoloft withdrawal or a combination of both? I am going with a combination of both. So a few nights ago, before my monthly friend hit, I cut my dose in half again. Now I am down to 25 mg... YIPPEE!

Ok... So I'm still kinda bitchy and moody and quick to anger, but that is to be expected. I hope it is short term because my poor kids probably won't forget if it goes on much longer.

So if you are my friend and care about my kids... tell me if I am being a MEGABITCH! I can always restart the Zoloft!

I love my family and I love my friends. I do NOT want to go back to being anxious and selfish ever again...

1 comment:

tlc said...

You have definitely been annoying, but not because your bitchy -- because you are super happy. I will definitely let you know when you become bitchy sarcastic again. In fact we will have a party.